With the evolving development of the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to let you know how this impacts GBC Law’s service to you.
Health and Safety Measures
The health of our clients, staff and business associates is our highest priority. We have implemented a number of additional measures to help safeguard our office, including:
• Increased cleaning of personal work stations with disinfectant wipes;
• Increased cleaning of chairs and tables in our board room and interview rooms with disinfectant wipes, before and after each use;
• Increased cleaning of all counters, door handles, touch surfaces and pens with disinfectant wipes;
• Limiting client visits to our office whenever possible and instead using telephone or email as an alternate means of communicating with clients and service providers;
• Increased promotion of frequent use of antibacterial sanitizer and hand-washing to staff;
• Requiring our staff to stay home whenever there is an immediate health concern; and
• Screening clients for risk of COVID-19 in advance of any appointments scheduled at the office.
**At this time, to ensure everyone’s health and safety, we are no longer holding meetings at our office to review and sign documents. Instead, we have implemented a temporary procedure for essential client appointments.**
We Are Still In Business
We are doing our best to continue serving you and providing advisory services through these times of uncertainty. We are taking steps to increase the ability for our staff to work from home and for us to use teleconferencing options to facilitate client meetings. We thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation while we work through this adjustment implementation of these options.
Links to Further Information
We recognize that you will have been receiving information from many sources. For ease of reference, below are some links to various websites that provide current information and guidance. As recommended by both our provincial and federal governments, we want to encourage you to continue to practice social distancing, increase your hygienic practices, and self-isolate if you are experiencing any symptoms of the virus.
• BC Centre for Disease Control http://www.bccdc.ca/
• Public Health Agency of Canada https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html
• World Health Organization https://www.who.int/
Let us know how we can best continue to support you.
We are committed to working with our clients and all of our business partners to minimize the effect of this crisis on our community.
If you have any specific concerns about your legal matter, or how the current climate will impact what matters most to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.