At this time, to ensure everyone’s health and safety, we are no longer holding meetings at our office to review and sign documents. Instead, we will be implementing the following temporary procedure:
1. We will email you a copy of all the documents you will need to sign and set up a telephone call or video conference to review the documents with you and answer any questions you may have.
2. For documents that can be digitally signed, we would request that you do so and return a copy to us by email.
- For documents that need to be originally signed or witnessed by us, we will set up a date and time for you to come to the office to sign the documents.
- If we need to verify your identification, we may ask you to provide us with scanned copies of your identification prior to your scheduled appointment.
- When you come for your appointment, please call the office when you arrive in the parking lot at 604-437-0461. This will allow us time to set up the documents that you will need to sign (and to have the solicitor ready to witness your signature, if applicable).
- There will be a table set up outside the door of our office with the documents you need to sign. We will sanitize the table and will provide you with a new pen that has also been sanitized. If no one is there to greet you on the other side of the window, please knock on the door or call us to let us know you have arrived.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer provided on the table before you touch the documents.
- If your document requires a witness to your signature, this will be noted on the document. Before you sign it, please make sure that a lawyer or staff member is there to witness your signature through the window. Please call the office if there is no one visible at the window.
- Please sign the documents in the sections indicated by the ‘sign here’ arrows.
- When you are finished, please slide the documents under the door or knock on the door so that we know you are finished.
- Please keep the pen we provide to you.
- If it is necessary for us to see your identification, we will ask that you show it to us through the window so that we can verify it with the copy we have on file.
If you have any questions during the signing appointment, please call the office. If you have a question about the documents, our receptionist will transfer you to the applicable lawyer.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we take these necessary measures to ensure everyone’s safety and to minimize any contact during this challenging time. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact us.
In accordance with WorkSafeBC and BC’s Provincial Health Officer, GBC Law has developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan.