To ensure both your and our health and safety during this COVID-19 pandemic, our office has implemented some precautionary measures for in-person meetings.
Screening for Symptoms
We would ask you to please consider if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
Or if you have travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
If YES: Please stay at home and contact us to reschedule your appointment or discuss alternate arrangements.
If NO: Please reply to this email to confirm our appointment.
Procedure for Meetings
- In most cases, it will not be necessary for you to bring copies of any documents, as we will print all the documents that you will need to sign. If there is a document that you need to bring to the meeting, please let us know in advance. You will be provided with a new, sanitized pen to use, which we will ask you to take with you when you leave.
- Meetings will occurs in our board room, which will be equipped with a Plexiglas shield and will be sanitized in advanced in preparation for your appointment.
- When you arrive for your in-person appointment, please call our reception at 604-437-0461 before you enter the building to let us know that you have arrived. If you arrive early, our receptionist may ask you to wait in your car until we are ready to welcome you into our office.
- Please note that face masks are mandatory in all indoor common areas of the building, as required by the Provincial Health Authority.
- Once you arrive at our office door on the 4th floor, please use the intercom to notify our receptionist (press the bell button) that you have arrived and wait outside our office door. If we have not already verified your identification, please have your two pieces of identification ready for examination and verification purposes.
- Please sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer provided upon entering our office.
- For everyone’s protection, we ask that masks be worn as much as possible during in-person appointments.
- As a further precaution, upon arrival our receptionist (who will also be masked) will ask to take your temperature with a contactless thermometer. Please let us know beforehand if, for any reason, you have any objections to this procedure. If your temperature is above 6◦C (which is indicative of a fever), we will ask you to kindly wait outside the office for a few minutes before performing the check again. If your temperature remains above 37.6◦C, we will want to take further precautions and will work with you to reschedule your appointment or figure out what alternate arrangements can be made.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we take these necessary measures to ensure everyone’s safety and to minimize any contact during this challenging time. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact us.
For more information, please review GBC Law’s COVID-19 Safety Plan that has been developed in accordance with WorkSafeBC and BC’s Provincial Health Officer.